Sherwood Shores Chapel
Thanks for visiting!
WELCOME TO SHERWOOD SHORES HOMEPAGE
We welcome you to join us at The Chapel, where you will find a supportive community of believers, with many opportunities to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Our Mission Statement is found in Matthew 28:19-20. "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
PURPOSE and OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the Chapel is to glorify the God of Scripture through the proclamation of the Word of God, the salvation of our souls, the edification of the saints, the promotion of private and public worship, the testimony and practice of spiritual worship and in conjunction with other Christians honor the Divine God revealed in God’s Word, the Holy Bible.
This religious organization is incorporated as a non-profit corporation in the state of Texas for the purpose of holding title to all properties and conducting all business pertinent to its primary objective of serving as a church for its members who desire to accomplish these objectives:
- Proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this community, and the world.
- Promote and support Christian principles of spiritual life.
- Provide a place of worship, for study of the Scriptures, and for fellowship among Christians.
- Be a church that is (visibly) Christ-like in our daily living by a total commitment of life, personality and possessions to the Lordship of Christ.
- To be a worshiping congregation, experiencing the grace and mercy of God, recognizing Him the source of all blessings and responding in obedience to His leadership.
- To experience an increasing and meaningful fellowship with God and fellow believers.
- To be a church that ministers to help people experience a greater knowledge of the wonders and power of God.
- To be used by God to reach Sherwood Shores and surrounding communities with the Gospel and through missionaries we support, reach people in the world.
The church is organized under the Texas Business Organization Code as amended. Federal tax exemption is granted under Internal Revenue Code 501(c) (3).
OUR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
Section 1.Primary Authority
The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original manuscripts, the only infallible and final authority in faith and practice.
God has eternally existed in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and yet one God.
Man was created in the image of God but sinned, thereby incurring not only physical but spiritual death as well, which is separation from God. All men are born sinners and those that reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for sin instead of the sinner. He arose from the dead in the same body in which he suffered and ascended into Heaven where He now makes intercession for us as our High Priest. Jesus Christ will come again, visibly and personally, to receive His people and establish His Kingdom.
The Holy Spirit indwells in every believer. Salvation is entirely by grace through faith alone, apart from any works, and only upon the shed blood of Christ, is freely offered to all. The eternal destiny of the saved is perfect bliss in a real Heaven and of the unsaved conscious torment in a real hell.
Sunday School: 9:15 a.m - Studying "Doctrine and Theology"
Coffee Fellowship: 10:00 a.m.
Worship Service: 10:30 a.m.
Sunday Evening Service: 4:00 p.m.
At this time our office is open Monday thru Friday from 2:30-4:30. Please leave a message and someone will return your call.
We invite you to join us as we serve God through our various programs and community outreach efforts. For more information call 903.523.5217